LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Saidur rahman   18 September 2017

Counting of higher study period for cas under ugc

I am Dr. Saidur Rahman, working in Central Agricultural University, Imphal, Manipur. The university was set up by Ministry of Agriculture, Govt. of India under Department of Research and Education (DARE). 

1. I joined as Assiatnt Professor in 1oth October, 2001.

2. I was placed in higher grade on 10th October, 2007 (AGP-Rs.7000) under Career Advancement scheme (CAS)

3. I was eligible for next higher grade i.e. (Rs.8000/-) on 10th October, 2012 as per UGC/ICAR CAS  guidelines.

4. In this period I went for Ph.D. in study leave with full pay for three years (August, 2008 to July 2011).

5. During this period the University gave me the yearly increment and other allownces admissible to me.

6. I applied for higher grade i.e. (Rs.8000/-) as per the Univeristy format for the period 10th October, 2007-10th october, 2012 ( 5 years requirment).

7. The University adopted a resolution in Academic Council meeting in 2015 not to consider the  Ph.D. study period for the Career Advancement Promotion Sheme.

8. However, the University considered the Ph.D. study period for the Career Advancement Promotion Scheme before 2015 for promotions of some faculty members under CAS.

1. is there any order/notification by UGC/ICAR for considering higher study period for CAS promotion?

2. is there any court verdict in such cases?

3. Any Central Government notification in this regard.

It is affecting many of our faculty members. We would like to request you to help us with your valuable suggestion and informations.

With regards.

Saidur Rahman

Learning

3 Replies

(Guest)

Dates are crucial for appropriate opinion..

You have not mentioned date of resolution as well as the date of issue of notification of formal order for not considering the Ph.D. study period for the Career Advancement Promotion Sheme.

Saidur rahman   19 September 2017

The Date of Resolution was 12th August, 2015. We did not receive any notification for the same. Based on the resolution, the University is going to implemnt it.

Tereseters   09 October 2019

Counting of higher study period for cas under ugc is here. I want to count the top resume reviews which means that we are showing you higher study period. If you get any trouble then we are also available for you to solve your all problems. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register