LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rahul F (Senior)     22 February 2017

Counter petition to contempt petition in hc

All, Please Help with advise While DV case was going from 2009 , wife assualted my mother and subsequently was removed from house. However she filed application for rent which in later was allowed by High Court in 2011 for RS. 7500 . In 2012 I found that she has got a job with accommodation where in she was paying RS. 150 only. However she had that job and stay there since 2011 before HC passed the said order of paying the Rent. I filed an application for change in circumstances and stopped paying rent. Wife in 2013 filed the Contempt petition in HC . Now HC asking me to pay the arrears or to admit her petition and process further.. Can I file the counter petition about the perjury ?

Learning

1 Replies

Sachin (N.A)     23 February 2017

Originally posted by : Rahul F

All,
Please Help with advise
While DV case was going from 2009 , wife assualted my mother and subsequently was removed from house. However

she filed application for rent which in later was allowed by High Court in 2011 for RS. 7500 .
In 2012

I found that she has got a job with accommodation where in she was paying RS. 150 only. However she had that job and stay there since 2011 before HC passed the said order of paying the Rent.

I filed an application for change in circumstances and stopped paying rent. Wife in 2013 filed the Contempt petition in HC . Now HC asking me to pay the arrears or to admit her petition and process further..

Can I file the counter petition about the perjury ?

Yes. it is perjury and not contempt of court.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register