Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Suresh Kumar Babu (Software Prefoessional)     20 May 2015

Corrections in birth certificate

Hello Everyone,

My birth certificate (born in chennai) is erroneous i.e having spelling mistakes:

1) My middle name is mispelled as KUMRA instead of KUMAR

2) My parent's names are incomplete as in :

Mother's name should be  B REKHA , but it's written as only REKHA

Father's name should be K BABU , but it's written as only BABU

To apply for any correction , we need to submit notarized stamp paper to chennai corporation indicating the corrections required along with other evidence (such as passport , voter ids) to substantiate it . I am currently residing outside India and unfortunately my mother has passed away. However my father lives in Chennai.

In such a scenario , only my father is there in chennai to get the notarized affidavit done and submit it in chennai corporation. That is , only he is available to sign the affidavit document --- will that be sufficient or we need to submit any other declaration as well?

Thanks in advance for your advise

Learning

3 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     20 May 2015

Yes.  Your father can also file affidavit with prescribed format  with attestation from two gazetted officers and duly notarised.  He may have to remit nominal fees and submit prescribed application specifically stating the Name on Birth certificate and the present modification required.  There should a duly attested (Gazetted Officer) copy of modified name with those enclosures.  Once your father visits Corporation, the procedure is so simple now and you can expect entire modification even in a day.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     24 May 2015

Your father can take care of the situation in Chennai by himself. He can apply for the corrections on behalf of his son and can comply with the necessary formalities in this regard himself.

Vijay Kumar Ganta   30 November 2016

Hello Everyone,   

My Kid is born in in 2010 -  one of the reputed Hospital in Chennai. All the details are fine except the address which was given by mistake wrongly us and we haven't noticed until now (2016).

Please advise us how to correct the address

Thanks in advance for your valuable advise.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register