LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ironfist (BA)     18 January 2012

Correction of dob in the passport

In my birth certificate the birth year is 1975. But all my school documents, until now has the birth year 1976.

When I was in my middle school in Assam, due to clerical error the birth year has been entered 1976. Since then 1976 has become my "official date" in all my documents until now, which includes my passport, school documents, etc. 

The passport was made on the basis of 10th certificate. Hence, passport has 1976 on it as well. I would like to correct my date of birth in the passport. I have gathered all the required documents needed to correct the date of birth in my passport. I have send a letter to central board of secondary education to correct the date of birth in my certificate. But since it's already over 3 years, they can't change it now. It has be done through a First Class Magistrate Court.

My birthplace is Ankleshwar, Gujarat, I have got my birth certificate from the municipality. My passport was made in Mumbai. What court do I go to file my case for the correction of date of birth in the passport? Please if you can tell me the procedure.

Please advice me how do I proceed with my case. I'll appreciate your time.Thanks ahead.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register