LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

tanveer (lect)     10 October 2014

Correction in name

sir my name on birth certificate is tanbir singh and my mothers name is harpreet singh, but on all other documents my name is tanveer singh and mothers name is harpreet kaur(her correct name). i want to apply for passport for that i want to change my and my mothers name in birth certificate. how can i do that? 

Learning

5 Replies

reeti shah (lawyer)     10 October 2014

Dear Tanveer, You will have to make an application before the BBC for the same along with Affidavit. Sincerley, R. D. Shah reeti@corpusjurislaw.com 993028557

Dear Tanveer, You will have to make an application before the BBC for the same along with Affidavit. Sincerley, R. D. Shah reeti@corpusjurislaw.com 993028557

Vickey Seerapu (Lawyer)     10 October 2014

Dear Tanveer, the easy way to solve your problem. Consult a advocate for name change and he will prepare a affidavit behalf of name change. After that advertisement in news paper as a name change and keep the copy with you. Then apply for passport

tanveer (lect)     10 October 2014

Thanku both:-). Problem is not my name..i know than can b done with affidavit and all....the prob is with mothers name in my birth certificate...her correct name is "harpreet kaur"...and it is written "harpreet singh" in my birth certificate. If u can suggest what to do with that.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register