LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashish   30 January 2019

Correct form for trademark registration

Hello dear lawyers and friends. I'm doing business of reselling goods and want to register a trademark for my business. I'm an individual seller and not company or partnership. For some time I was using a logo and name on my letterheads, purchase orders etc. but now I want to register it as trademark. On website of www.ipindia.nic.in I see some forms but confused and will be thankful if some of you could help.

It shows Form TM-A application for registration of a trademark /collective Marks / Certification Mark / Series of trademark for specification of goods or services included in one or more than one classes and the fee is Rs.5,000. But I'm confused as it shows another form, Form TM-1 application to register a trade mark for a specification of goods or services included in one class [Section 18(1) with fee of Rs. 3,500. Which of these two forms should I use?

Learning

3 Replies

Suhail suhail (LAWYER)     31 January 2019

Please contact lawyer practsisng in this feild,or just simply contact the persons availble in the list of CONTACT  of the website of your concerned state. You get list of addresses there ,you can directly contact the Dy. Registrar through their contact numbers don, feel shy for that.

Even you send enquiery to their emails, they better can guide you.

1 Like

Ashok Wadhwani   03 February 2019

Dear Ashish,

TM-A is the right form now. TM-1 is an old form.

It is not advisable to file TM on your own as the success rate of TM filing by individual is negligible. You may engage TM experts. You may also contact us  - 84324 60222  /   830 800 8900 

Gaurav Pandya (Advocate & Registered Trade Mark Attorney)     22 April 2019

I am the Registered TM Attorney. You may contact us M. W. 9898598184 or advocate_pandya@hotmail.com

(Please mention "LAWYERSCLUB QUERY" in Subject)

TM-A is correct and will be filed first with necessry details and supporting documents i.e.POA, Firm Registration etc.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register