Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

prem   24 March 2016

Corpus fund from builder

Dear Sirs,

I am hoping someone coudl give me some preliminary advice on this matter.In May 2015 I purchased an apartment in Bangalore. This was a second sale as the previous owner had bought the apartment from the builder and registered it in his name. When I purchased the apartment the due diligence was done completely with the previous owner and he established that the apartment was registered in his name and teh builder had transfered the apartment to him after paying all dues. Please note the builder was still running the maintenance and society office as the handover had not been given to the residents of the complex as the Association had not been formed. 

The association got formed in July 2015 and the corpus was handed over in Aug 2015. in the submission the builder has claimed that of the 200 odd apartments he did not collect the corpus from 4 apartments including mine. Now the Association wants me to this amount. My question to you is that , isnt the liability of the corpus with the builder. if he allowed the previous owner to  register the flat without paying all dues, can that liability be passsed on to me. Thank you for your kind advice 

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register