Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

joseph alex (manager)     07 March 2019

Copyrights for work getting done from freelancers

Hello Experts,

I am consuming services of freelancers. They provide me presentations and narration audios, which I re-use in online courses that I sell over learning platforms. There is clear understanding with the freelancers that I have absolute rights on the work products that they provide me. This is communicated via messaging only.

Should I make it documented, if so how should I do it. Freelancers can be from anywhere in the world.

what can be the format for such agreement?

A signed scanned copy will serve the purpose?

Thanks in advance,

Joseph

Learning

5 Replies

Suhail suhail (LAWYER)     07 March 2019

You must sign an agreement with them and claim the copy rights over their submissions.

The infringment of copy rights / intellectual property rights  is offensive and that  can create problem for you.

Suhail suhail (LAWYER)     07 March 2019

You should sign an agreement with them and claim the copy rights over their submissions.Just make a format and let them sign that,put the terms and conditions. 

The infringment of copy rights / intellectual property rights  is offensive and that  can create problem for you.

NSV VARA PRASAD   07 March 2019

Where do you live Joseph.

joseph alex (manager)     07 March 2019

I am from Bangalore

vinit   07 March 2019

You can prepare an agreement with free lancers stating that you have proprietory rights over the work provided by free lancers to you. It is in your interest to get the agreement signed from them, in absence of which free lancers can sue you for infringement.
That apart in the said agreement you should also take undertaking from free lancers that the work provided to you by them does not belong to any one else and they allow you to have propritory rights over the said work.
1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register