Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

paras (rm)     22 June 2015

Copy right infringment

Hi friends,

One of my clients recently contacted me regarding copyright act in India.The matter is that one of the Indian company has used his image in the website.The said client is the owner of the image and is staying in Berlin(Europe).Now the client wants to proceed with the legal action for getting the licencing fee or to do out of court settlement.Can anyone give me the idea about the procedure,How much lengthy is the process etc.

Learning

2 Replies

Prashant Mule (LEGAL SERVICES)     26 June 2015

Dear Mr. Paras,

Your querry do not say whether your clients business exists in India if it does then shoot a cease and desist notice for infringing your friends Trademark/Copyiright as the case may be with asking the infringer for damages.

paras (rm)     27 June 2015

Dear Prashant sir,

Thanks for your advice..Plese note that the image owner is not having business in India.Actually he is a photographer and owner of the image he is  in Germany.He just don't want to get the image removed but want to get some licencing fee and supposse if he is not able to get the same,he want to claim damages.Is it possible for him to file the case from his country or he need to file the same from India. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register