LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anant (Propreitor)     10 September 2017

Copy of complaint

My previous employer filed a complaint against me. I was called by the Inspector and the employer was also present. I denied all the allegations in writing and subsequently the employer also withdrew his complaint in writing. I was not provided a copy of the complaint and the employers letter withdrawing the complaint. I was only provided a copy of my letter and the same was also not acknowledged. I would like to know the procedure to obtain certified copy of the complaint, my letter and employers withdrawal so that the employer does not again harass me.

Learning

4 Replies

pankaj verma   10 September 2017

through RTI

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     11 September 2017

File  an  application under section 6 RTI Act for obtaining certified copies of all documents/papers to you addressing  an RTI application to regulatory body of your organization.

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     11 September 2017

File  an  application under section 6 RTI Act for obtaining certified copies of all documents/papers to you addressing  an RTI application to regulatory authorityof yoyr organization even if it's   o private sector organization.

Private Bodies and the Right to Information

The Indian Legislature did not include private bodies under the RTI directly. But in the landmark judicial pronouncement of Sarabjit Roy v. Delhi Electricity Regulatory Commission,[5] it was reaffirmed by the Central Information Commission that privatized utility companies are also included under the umbrella of the RTI Act, regardless of their privatization. One of the common misunderstandings among the general public is that only those entities which are a subsidy to the government or are funded by the government are under the purview of the RTI Act. But the fact is that private bodies also falls under the RTI whether or not they

are substantially funded or aided by the government.

For more information on this issueplease click the following link:https://blog.ipleaders.in/right-information-applicable-private-sector/

The RTI has developed as a tool for maintaining transparency in the overall functioning and governance of the nation. While the right to seek information from public information can’t be questioned, the right to seek information from private bodies have been a difficult issue to the vagueness of the law. Specific rules should be made with regards to the application of RTI to private entities. The law should also specify that which kind of information can be demanded from a private entity. With rapid globalization and deregulation, private bodies also play public functions. Private Banks, private telecom companies, and healthcare sector can be given as examples of public entities who play a public role in the society. Bringing such private entities under the law is necessary to maintain a certain level of transparency.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     11 September 2017

Application dt.11th Sept,2017 seeking information under RTI Act filed

Before: State Public Information Officer,l...............Station,......................

RTI Fee: Rs.10/- Adhesive Court fee stamp affixed here above.

App[licant:

Subject mattter of information:  Complaint against....................dt..............by............................Investigation on..............

Information solicited:

1.Please provide me the certified copies of the following:

a)Certified copy of complaint,

b)Employee Shri........................... statement to investigating officer in police station on..

c)Copy of withdrawal letter from .........................employer withdrawing the complaint.

d)Office notes recording closing the complaint.

Applicant.

Search website of Police dept to locate PIO, format of application and mode of remitting fees.

You can also file similar RTI Application and seek simple information as follows:

Information solicited:

1)Please provide present status fo complaint No..........dt.....against...................

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register