Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anonymous User (employee)     04 December 2015

Cooperative housing society chs harassment - random fine

Dear all ,

Society people are charging random fine like water wastge  in maitence bill . 

They put a fine of rs 5000  in maitence bill . There  was wastage of water however why shd i pay society i pay to water dept and the wastge was not becoz of  its due to wrong time given by society people 

they gave time  something else on notice board .

This people alway harass us for small small thing .  I want live peacefull in my  house and dont want to interfer in any one's life  howver this people peek into our house  keep counting whom comes in at my house who goes . Its good , but it has limit . 

I  am 27 and i hardly have time to live rest of the life . what more 20 25 yrs  later we become old i dont want to enter such mess  however this people want to make money in any small  aspect . 

when I pleaded  in front of them  i explain my situation that time still they didnt remove the fine from receipt . 

one said 1000 rs any one can pay 5000 rs  we have fine  

i said we earn very low then other said pay in installment 

I  know i am young so they harassing me . I still keeping my patience . I have wrote letter to registrar.

But before  I  take some foolish step i want to make note that i have informed few people about my situation .

Now ,  i feel scared to come to my society  , my house because of these people 

i have lost my  inner peace .  I am so disturbed of  these people .  

I talk rudely   .

I want live peacfully  and dont want  get involve in such things . I was happy as child i had no worries my father use to take care of things ,  Since he past aways    I have to face such stupid things . WTF  .. i cant stay at my own house happily of some wierd society people .

Who charge unecessay amounts fine in maitence bill

Please help how to stay away from this ...I am paying my scoiety maintence on time . 

Learning

11 Replies

Anonymous User (employee)     04 December 2015

If any one really interested of what happen let me know  ..There is no fault of mine . why i am wasting my time in such things ...god help me !! 

Sad ...  There should be so governce against these plp i think i need to register policy complaint against these people 

bhusan   04 December 2015

Read the bye laws of the society. If u dont have a copy ask the secretary for it upon payment

bhusan   04 December 2015

Read the bye laws of the society. If u dont have a copy ask the secretary for it upon payment

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     05 December 2015

"Societies should sensitize their own members and frame regulations to deal with complaints by women members especially.

Anonymous User (employee)     05 December 2015

what bye law .. i register complaint at Registrar and coperative court. 

Let them messure the wastage and take it from my home ...!!   I buy them  water tank!! or put them in chennai!!

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     23 December 2015

In which State are you?

Anonymous User (employee)     25 December 2015

Mumbai Mum Mumbai

Anonymous User (employee)     25 December 2015

Mumbai Mum Mumbai

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     26 December 2015

That is good. I am also in Mumbai. You are only 27 and you hope to live for 20 to 25 years more. Why that short? You will live for many more years. Whether it is 25 years or 50 years do not worry about future. Que Sera Sera, whatever will be, will be, the future is not for us to see, que sera sera.  You are 27. How old are the committee members, 27, 30, 50? Whatever may be their age when you get old they will get older. They may die, they may leave or others will come in their place. As Shakespeare said “Life is Time’s Fool.”. You will have a different picture after 5 years.

Now let us come to your problem. Co-operative Housing Societies in Mumbai are governed by the Maharashtra Co-operative  Societies Act, 1960 and the Maharashtra Co-operative Societies Rules, 1961. Besides your Society also will have their byelaws. In Maharashtra these byelaws are the Model Byelaws issued by the Co-operative Department. The Societies have to adopt them with or without amendments. The Act, the Rules and the Model Byelaws were also amended. It is mandatory for your Society to call a General Meeting and adopt the amended Model Byelaws.

In any Co-operative Society in Maharashtra as and when the term of the Managing Committee ends after 2013, they have to inform the Registrar of Co-operative Societies, whose office is in Malhotra Building opposite GPO. They have to fill up certain forms and submit to the Registrar. The Registrar will appoint an officer to supervise your elections. Now 2015 has ended and what is the status in your Society? If your present Managing Committee was elected in 2013 only their term will come to an end in 2016 and they will have to follow the above procedure. If their term had ended earlier they should have already followed the procedure. In case these things have not happened you can complain to the Registrar. In Mumbai for each municipal ward there is a deputy registrar and an assistant registrar in Malhotra building. If you are member of the Society or whoever is a member of the Society with respect to your flat can file a complaint before the Deputy Registrar. If you submit a complaint obtain an acknowledgment. Do not sit back assuming everything will move automatically. The Registrar will write letter to your Chairman/Secretary with copy to you. The Society may or may not reply. If they do not reply doggedly pursue the matter with the Registrar’s office.

According to the Act before the amendment the term of the MC was 3 years. Now it is 5 years provided your Society adopts the amended byelaws. The amendments to the Act were due to an amendment to the Constitution of India.

Now coming to your problems all that your MC members are doing are illegal. You do not pay a single paisa After you ascertain to me the above facts I shall advise you how to proceed further.

Anonymous User (employee)     03 January 2016

Thank you Sir ..! 

You have  provided me a great support and strength . I am waiting for my next maintence bill . If still they continue the same i  will report the harrasament personally to registrar and will register a NOC against the MC member for safer side . 

Thanks a lot !! 

but i stay in navi mumbai and i register my flat at panvel . Seems the registrar office is either at pnvl or CBD.

Anonymous User (employee)     19 March 2016

After lot of follow up with scoiety members , I finally  paid vist  to our  JTR (Registrar ) Shiri Sandeep J  Deshmukh  office at Raigarh Bhavan.  As per them Such fines are again bye  law  and they will take action and document it . Further said One Can file a case of harrasment against the members also one can also register case at Consumer court . 

Before that They said gp with procedure , Wait  for the action from their end . They will generate a letter to socitey with 15 days of the complaint . 

JTR of CBD belapur where quite helpful .

Till now  I Didnt  have to take any politcal support . All were quite helpful . 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register