LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sajal Kundu   27 January 2018

Conversation of Religion

Hello frnd I am Sajal Kundu a West Bengal Government Employee. By Religion Hindu. I am marraied and going through a Divorce case in court.... As per my best knowledge a Hindu man cant marry 2nd time in the living condition of his 1st wife witouut getting a ligal separation.... And i am also a state govt employee therefore certion service rules also bound it. My wife demnding 35 laks from me to signature in divorce paper which is tottally abstract for me. As per my knowledge in muslim maratial law it is possible to get marry 2nd time in the living condition of his 1st wife and no service rules will come there. So if i convert my Religion from Hindu to Muslim i can easyliy marry and can move forward with a happy marraird life and family ethics. So frnd plz give me proper suggestions and guidance in this regard so that i can move forward without any ligal disturbance from law and orded as well as deportmental procedding. Also give me the proper info to change the Religion Plz its urgent its about me and my aged parents.

Learning

1 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     27 January 2018

Never attempt this conversation business for marrying second time during existing first marriage otherwise definitely you'll face criminal prosecution under section 494 IPC for bigamy. The Supreme Court had held that by conversation of Hindu to Muslim religion for remarriage is punishable offence of bigamy. Don't listen to talks of film actors indulging in all these as they could afford to do and you can't.
1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register