Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

pru (sw eng)     12 July 2017

Contract violation by house contactor

HI

I had made  a contact with a local contractor to build a house in 6 months. He has ran away after half construction (and lot of money).

Can I hire someone else to complete the house after 6 months as his contract was for 6 months? 

Please note that there is no specific clause in contract to deal with such situation and what will happen if work is not completed in 6 months.

In such a case will the contact document will  become void after 6 months?

I am planning to take criminal action aginst contactor, but just want to make sure my house work is not stuck .

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     12 July 2017

here are two main equitable remedies available for breach of contractSpecific performance is a remedy that orders the breaching party to comply with the terms of the contract. An injunction is a remedy that prohibits a party from a particular act. Aninjunction can be temporary, preliminary or permanent. Send a legal notice first through a lawyer.

pru (sw eng)     12 July 2017

Hello Sir

Thanks for reply. I have sent legal notice, but he has not replied.

Now I am planning to take legal action but I am scared that I will not be able to continue with construction. 

Please tell me can the current contractor stop the contruction after 6 months when his contract is over 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register