LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Contempt of court

May i know what is the procedure if police is not following court's order ? Court ordered police to conduct investigation under Crpc 202 for the IPC 383-389 petition that i filed but police is submitting report saying that report has already been submitted. Police is willfully trying to play with court order. Till this date they did not take any statement neither they conducted any investigation but they are under the influence of opposite party that are feeding money to police. This is a private complaint that was filed directly in court. Earlier we filed case in police station however they did not take any action for 5 months and then we filed private complaint directly in court. It is a shame that even court orders are not followed properly. Unfortunatley the judge that is in the court is very new in his position. He was intern before and he got the position of judge and police is misusing this as they know that new judge does not know much about procedure. Now i have decided to take steps on police and want to file an application for contempt of court. May i know what is the procedure to do this ?

Learning

2 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     31 July 2015

Sir,

If you feel that Judge is not able to understand things properly, then get the case transferred to some other Judge who will be in a better position to understand things.

For contempt petition, you can move to the Senior Judge and get the same done.

Warm Regards

Kapil Chandna Advocate

advocate.kapilc@gmail.com

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Kapil Chandna
Sir,

If you feel that Judge is not able to understand things properly, then get the case transferred to some other Judge who will be in a better position to understand things.

For contempt petition, you can move to the Senior Judge and get the same done.

Warm Regards

Kapil Chandna Advocate

advocate.kapilc@gmail.com

Sir here is catch, there is no senior judge in that court. The only option i have is to transfer my case from lower court to session court or file contempt petition directly to magistrate.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register