Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mantu   05 August 2017

Contempt application

Dear All,

I am the owner of a 1000 sq. ft. apartment in Delhi which was given to a tenant for residing (rent Rs. 15,000 per month) in the year of 2010 for residential purpose. The tenant was defaulter for rent for 8 months I filed an ejectment suit against him in lower court which got rejected after hearing both parties. Then I approached High Court Writ petition for evicting my tenant. The Hon'ble single Judge dismissed the petition, but  directed the tenant to pay the outstanding rent plus litigation cost total amunting to Rs.2 lakhs within 4 weeks. But still the teant did not payanything to me. After that I filed a contempt application before the High Court. But did not proceed with this application. After few months, appointing a new advocate, filed an appeal before the Division Bench of the same high court. I did not mention anything about the contempt aplication. Last month, the appeal is also dismissed, but the division bench ordered that all outstanding rent should be paid off by the tenant as soon as possible. Now how do I proceed? I am more worried about the contempt application which is still pending. Can I withdraw this contempt application now? Someone told me that ruling will be issued against me for non prosecution of the contempt application by high court.

Please provide me proper advise.

Thanks 

Learning

1 Replies

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     05 August 2017

It is all mismnged case. File execution petition and also application in high court.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register