Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

JS Murthy (none)     17 August 2015

Consumer protection & time bound justice

Dear friend,
I am a consumer activist fighting against the problems in our system for more than 3 years to get speedy justice in our forums and commissions. Consumer cases are taking too long and in the process helping the organizations cheating consumers (with misleading advertisements or defective  products are services).
Consumer Forums and Commissions are also not following the CP ACT in letter and spirit for which reason the act was specifically designed.

What I thought is a simple problem and can be addressed by reaching to the right people, did not bring the change. I was fortunate get audience pretty early in my effort. But, I realized that making them listen to you is not going to make any difference. They understand that I am working at a small level and will not cause any problem to them. For that reason, I request you to join me in this movement.

We all have to remember that everyone of us is a consumer at some level  on a daily basis multiple times from the very minute we enter into this world. The doctor is the first service provider, on whose effectiveness and sincerity in his profession we will have a normal birth or otherwise.  It is because of that reason, we should all see that consumer courts function effectively to safeguard us against bad manufacturers, vendors or service providers. I bought a Dish TV it didn't work the very first week  and the folks at Dish TV refused to fix it as they wanted me to pay for upgrade of the software. I questioned that upgrade in the very first week and pumped a few messages in social networking sites. But, they didn't care to that as our consumer courts wont  penalize Dish TV to feel the pain ( due to long legal process and low penalties). SBI refused to pay the interest on a NRI deposit, using jurisdiction issue, despite it is a known fact that NRI deposits are to be made against bank branches in India. The story goes on at my personal level itself into many such things.  As the cases take several years in consumer courts, your advocates will ask you to pay a few times to take you to the finish line. It is not guaranteed that he will make you the winner at the end.   You will also loose interest and must have move on to something more serious at that time. This should change. Your TV, Fridge should get replaced on time and your car get fixed in short time to the required level. In the first place, they will produce with fewer defects to delver to you, due to the deterrence of strict and timely justice in 90 Days!! That is the law and has to work that way.
Please use the link given bellow to sign up with me. 
Regards
J.S. Murthy

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register