LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SAISRINIVAS (Faculty)     16 March 2016

Consumer complaint

I am a resident of Vijaywada,(A.P) and I have underwent a liposuction operation in 2014 Jan 28 in Hyderabad for which i have paid an amount of Rs.1,50,000/- (For which i have all Bills). Now after the operation it went some failure and my skin was torn and rashes developed to which Doctor said it was due to negligence and i will try to correct it and he tried some  have but damaged most of the skin around my belly due to which it left a big scars and ugly appearnace .....After repeatedly asking the doctor solution he adviced some medicines and creams and all that costed me around 80,000/- but no impreovement so i got vexedup and sent a lawyer notice asking to make good for the loss and damage he made to me in May 2015 then he threatened and again bargained wait for sometime i would do my best and pay some amount but finding no response from him i have moved a step further and approched lawyer again to file case in Dec2015...... i paid 8000/- towards fee to lawyer and gave all bills blood reports and other documents to lawyer but till date lawyer was with no response still case is not filed .....What the lawyer was stating is that the judge and members are of the opinion that the case should be filed at hyderabad as cause has taken place at hyderabad but whereas my lawyer is trying to fight with a view that client (ME) is from Vijayawada so case should be filed here .........This issue has been burning since 2015 Dec6 to till .........Even now case was not filed ....

What should i do now please advice my lawyer doesnt respond to me properly though i call him time to time he used to be absent to office so dialy i use to chase him at court ........It was like a headache for me chasing lawyer due to his improper response .......

1. Now one basic question is coming in mind can i file a complaint or not if so why it is happening like this

2. Can someone please help me where should i file the case ?

3. Are there any hyderabad lawyers in our forum who can deal with the consumer case so that i would approach and file the case to proceed further ?

Due to the doctor negligence i lost my Job for 4 months bed rest and also lost the loved one also as my fiance brokeup before marriage and i am literally facing mental agony apart from all these heavy money loss and mental torture..

I have attached pics also

Thanks N Regards

SaisrinivasM

Learning

4 Replies

(Guest)
Hello sir, my frnd can help u in fm hyd,.my senior can help u out..contact at ...9959850723.....BALA CHANDER REDDY,ADVOCATE

(Guest)
Actually as per COPA,1986 case need to be files within 2 yrs from date of cause of action

Altaf Pirani (Advocate)     16 March 2016

Your Advocate is absolutely correct in advising you that cause of action arose at the place where you got operated. Don't waste time in filing consumer complaint as the limitation period has commenced which in your case is the date when your doctor last issued to you the medical prescripttion. Preserve the last prescripttion and file it with the consumer complaint which would establish the date from which cause of action recommenced. If you have exceeded limitation period of two-year, then ask your Advocate to seek condonation of delay.

Altaf Pirani (Advocate)     16 March 2016

If you find any further difficulty, then do write to me for help.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register