Consumer case and criminal case can go on same time

unauthorised withdrawl from consumer savings account. In that matter FIR was lodged under section 420 and section406 against bank authority. In the same time cosumer also filed a case in consumer forum against bank authority for unfair trade practice and refund of money. Is the consumer case maintainable in consumer court? Is there any rulling that consumer case is maintaiable though there is criminal case pending?

Retired employee.

Consumer forums offer additional remedy and without any doubt, you can proceed.  Search in google for those judgments with keywords  Additional remedy under CP Act".  I also suggest for filing on line complaint in Banking Ombudsman.

Total likes : 2 times




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu