LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Alwin Joseph   16 January 2019

Constructing compound wall in own land

Dear Sir/Madam, We have a land comprising 9.275 cents and this land was divided into two [4.455 and 4.820 cents respectively] as per the registered partition deed dated 02 July 2008. According to the partition deed, I have the absolute ownership over 4.455 cents and has been paying tax since 2008. There has been a dispute going on in court on the other 4.820 cents plot and I and my sister are the joint owners of this 4.820 cents Plot. As my sister and brother in law are encroaching into my 4.455 cents and destroyed trees, and since I am employed abroad I prefer to construct a compound wall between these two plots to avoid encroachment. My question is, legal wise, can they object my compound wall construction in my plot between these two plots? I have absolute ownership over this plot of 4.455 cents. Should I get consent from my sister to construct the wall in my compound? They did not allow my people to measure the land as per sketch and fix the boundary stone. What all options I have? Would appreciate your reply. Regards, AK

Learning

7 Replies

Shashi Dhara   16 January 2019

U approach civil court and take injuntion against them and then after construct compound if they obstruct to u to construct compound.

Thank you very much for your reply.....really appreciate it. Regards, Alwin

Dear Sir, Could you please tell me the approximate charges/fees to be paid to the Highcourt to file the injunction? Regards, Alwin

Shashi Dhara   16 January 2019

U approach civil court not high court i.e,junior civil judge court it is situated in taluk where Ur property is . U contact local advocates who reasonably charges and conducts case.

Thank you for the reply....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register