LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shrey   18 January 2019

Concealing old passport details

I had a passport which expired in 2010. Now in 2019 I wish to travel abroad, so thought of applying for a new passport ( renewal). While applying, I came across my old passport, which had a wrong birthdate printed. I realised that in my school LC the date of birth was incorrect, that never got corrected. And hence my old passport beared the wrong DOB. Also my current ID proofs have the correct birthdate.( Aadhar card/ Pan card) Hence while applying for a fresh oneI had a dilemma that should I go for reissue of passport or apply afresh. But since I had no current ID proofs to support my incorrect DOB, I applied for new passport. But on desk C of psk office, my old passport details were found.( I had earlier refused to the concerned authority that I never held a passport) So the authority asked me to pay 2000rupees and provide the old passport. Now I have initiated procedure for making changes in Aadhar card and pan card. So should I go and meet the authority after the changed ID proofs arrive? Also do i need to produce any other document? Would I get my new passport issued, once i submit the prerequisite document?

Learning

1 Replies

Shrey   19 January 2019

Now after going through all this, I don't think that I will ever be able to carry my correct DOB on any of my IDs. Hence to get my passport procedures under way I have applied for changes in my adhar and pan card ( the previously printed DOB was correct, now i have applied to change it to incorrect one so as to match it with my school Certificate). What other documents the psk authorities might ask the next I go there?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register