LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kapur (Officer)     08 December 2014

Completion certificate & transfer

My problem relates to Haryana Urban Development Authority  (HUDA). We purchased an already built house in Gurgaon in 1997. This was built by original owner in 1975. We got it duly registered in my  mother’s name. Now we want to get it transferred in my name and applied to HUDA along with other relevant documents in August 2014. HUDA demanded possession letter from us. We did not have possession letter but the reallotment letter issued by HUDA at the time of registry in my mother’s name. We have already submitted re-allotment letter to HUDA. Later, I visited the HUDA office quite a few times but they are now asking for completion letter of the house. We do not have completion letter in our records. I  told HUDA official that since house was duly registered in my mother’s name, HUDA must have obtained completion letter  copy at that time in 1997 but HUDA official says it is not in the file therefore permission for transfer cannot be given. This house was completed in 1975 and completion was obtained then by the previous owner. Electricity, sewage and water connections were given on this basis. This completion certificate was submitted at the time of transfer of this house in the name of my mother in 1997. HUDA people have verbally conveyed that completion certificate is not in their records as well. HUDA has not sent any letter to us demanding completion certificate. 

Please let me know what should I do in such a situation. If I do not have completion certificate with me. How can I obtain it now? We have got this house duly registered and this cannot be done without completion certificate. I have submitted re-allotment letter but HUDA is asking for possession letter. Is it necessary to give them possession letter which was  issued to previous owner? What is the 'way-out' in such a situation?

S kapoor

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register