LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Navdeep Gill   27 October 2017

Complaint regarding unauthorised construction in zirakpur

I had booked a 3 bhk flat in Zirakpur in May-June 2017. As the initial payment i paid the builder 2.10lakh Rupees. (I have the receipts and xerox copies of the cheques).
I had to cancel this booking as builder was insisting me to take home loan from his linked banks. To which i disagreed and asked him to refund my booking amount. After one month there was a news in newspaper stating his construction is an unauthorised construction.

Even after 5 months now the builder has not refunded my booking amount. . So eventually i ended up calling him 100 times to remind about my payment.
And then he refunded me Rs 1 LKH, Saying he will refund rest of the amount in 2-3 days. Which never happened.

Builder has now stopped taking my calls and answering my messages.

I have been following up with him and everytime he gives me some silly reason. I think he is trying to avoid paying me back.

Can i take the legal way of getting the money back? What are the chances that i will get my money back ?

Learning

1 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     28 October 2017

1)you should move consumer forum against the builder and seek refund of money paid with interest 

2) you should also claim compensation for mental torture undergone by you . 

3) Meet a lawyer and arrange to issue a legal notice to the builder

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register