Complaint against MTNL in consumer court

Contract Management

Can MTNL be subjected to complaint in consumer forum?

Advocate

Yes, you can file a consumer complaint against the MTNL.

Total likes : 1 times

You can file a case against MTNL in Consumer court.

Advocate

MTNL is one among the service providers and in case deficiency in service , proceedings could be intiated at consumer forums

Lawyer

....i agree with all my ld. friends, but i ve heard from few of my lawyer friends, that BSNL/ MTNL have been held, by the SC, to be not covered by Consumer Protection Act.....m still looking for that judgment...the moment if find it i ll make a mention.

No , my friends Supreme Court has clearly mentioned in a recent judgement  that a Telecom Company is subject to arbitration under The Telegraph Act and not to be subject of any Consumer Dispute hence any complain with consumer forum is going to bounce back.

Lawyer

Sumiteshwar Ji, i agree with u, but can u pls provide with the citation or the case no. of Civil Appeal decided by SC.

i intend to read that judgment.

Central Govt Service

Dear Kiranji, SC Bench headed by Justice Markendeya Katju said" when there is a spl remedy provided in sec. 7-B of Telegraph Ac reg. disputes in r/o tel. bills, then the remedy under CPA is by implication barred...." Also said that the Telegraph Act being spl Act, overrides other laws such as CPA.. (As per a news item published in Business Standard 7 Sep-Business Law page).   Regards.. J V Krishna, (CS Final Dec'09) Central Govt service, Hyderabad.

Contract Management

Arbiterator refered should be TRAI. However TRAI site says that they have no right of arbitration and consumer courts have jurisdiction!!

Lawyer

Mr. Sathe

pls wait for some time, we ll c the website of TRAI as well as the judgment of SC...and the best advice will be conveyed to u.

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Search Forum:

LAWyersclubindia Menu