LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

GP (Consultant)     28 July 2014

Compensation for land acquired by kiadb

My father has 1.20 acres of agricultural land in his name, the land is part of a survey no. that has 4 other properties in it- 1 acre belonging to Mr.X, 20 guntas to Mrs.Y, 20 guntas to Mr.Z and another 1 acre to Mr.Z's son. He had acquired this through farmers in the year 1998. In year 2006 KIADB wanted to acquire the land and gave a preliminary notification. In year 2013 the final award was declared. When my father went to claim compensation, the authorities realized that some 10 guntas of land in that survey no. was acquired previously in 1980 by the govt. for some road and compensation was paid to the land owners. But eventually the road never came up and the matter was forgotten- no entry was made in the RTC either.

Now when my father is going to KIADB to claim the compensation, the authorities are telling that since the previous maps where the road had passed are not available to them, they are asking my father that they will deduct the compensation amount for 10 guntas and then make the payment for the rest of the land that my father owns. Then they will put a request for survey and based on the survey the amount will be refunded to my father if no compensation was paid to land owned by him in the past. The authorities will not even be giving a notice saying that they will be deducting the compensation for 10 guntas from our award amount. In that case how will I be able to pursue my case when the current staff in the office get transferred?

This has been the case since last year June and its been umpteen no. of visits and still there is no end to this and we are not able to get our compensation amount as well. What is the best course of action in this case ? Please help

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register