LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SD   27 October 2018

Company shares were transferred after fathers death

my father dies in the year 1988. My father had 3 sons and daughters. After the death, they were saying they will run the business and will give fathers property at a later stage in life. But now recently we came to know the company shares were transferred among my brothers equally and leaving zero shares to us. The shares were transferred in the year 1989. We do not have any old document nor any document is available in the ROC. We came to know from some old employees that most of the old documents were destroyed by my brothers.

My three brothers are not clearly giving any document how the shares were transferred. Whenever we ask they are saying its companies property and we can't give anything from the company. the company has several hundred crores worth of property.

Same way my father's partnership in the partnership company is missing and now my brothers are partners in that company.  I do not know what to do. Please help

Learning

2 Replies

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     16 August 2019

1.  IF Father demised without executing any Will or Nomination, relating to his interests in the Company and Partnership Firm, THEN you are entitled to equal share in the Fathers interests, in in the Company and Partnership Firm.

2.  File Civil Suit for the same, BUT supported with some basic documentary evidences (balance sheets, bank statements, income tax returns, ROC records, incorporation documents like AOA, MOA, etc....).  IT is a very long period, BUT still would be worth a try and brothers may come down for settlement.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT:  www.chshelpforum.com

Dai Galvin   18 January 2023

This must be a very difficult problem. A lawyer will give you useful advice. You need to follow the instructions in this article how to screenshot on mac.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register