Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shaunak (Process Modeler)     25 October 2013

Company is not giving me relieving letter/experience letter

Hi,

I am working with a company in Bangalore, I was hired 10 months back in the consulting department. 

Few months back the management has decided to stop the consulting department (unofficially). My managers have left the company and i had to leave the company as the work offered was not from my field.

I have resigned from the company, however now the HR is not providing me any relieving letter (I have not served the notice period), Just wanted to know if i can buy the notice period and is can the company be forced to provide experience letter?

Any help would be appreciated.

Learning

9 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     25 October 2013

What is this establishment; Commercial or Industrial?

Is it an IT company?

Redg. office/HO of the company are in which state?

Does the company have its  certified standing orders?

Do you have the copy of exit/sevarance/FNF policy of the company?

The company is registered as a consulting firm

The head office of the company is in Karnataka

Not too sure if the company has any certified standing orders (how can i check?)

The company has not given any FNF policy 

To add to this i want to mention here that all the companies are hired as "Consultants"... not too sure if a company can do this.

The company is registered as a consulting firm

The head office of the company is in Karnataka

Not too sure if the company has any certified standing orders (how can i check?)

The company has not given any FNF policy 

To add to this i want to mention here that all the companies are hired as "Consultants"... not too sure if a company can do this.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     25 October 2013

There is a provision under  the related Acts for issuing a service certificate at the time of  dismissal, discharge or retirement and every person is entitled to take such certificate.

-Civil Court

Thank You very much.

I will follow up on these lines.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     25 October 2013

Is it an IT company?

What is the designation as in appointment letter issued to you?

If the candidate is appointed as ‘Consultant’ then probably the reason might be that company does not want to create an employer-employee relationship.

You must be aware you were appointed as an employee or as a consultant, and company issued you appointment letter or contract or agreement of service?

Has the company been deducting PF, ESIC and did it provide group insurance…….?

However the  job advertisement, interview call letter, selection letter, offer letter, appointment letter should be carefully gone thru .

If it is agreeable to you, then you may attach the copy in this thread. However you may erase the names etc before you attach the copy.

If it is a consulting firm then it might have registered under ‘Karnataka Shops and Commercial Establishments Act’ and being a consulting firm it might have assigned the designation of ‘Consultant’ to all employees. The registration certificate should be displayed at a conspicuous place/notice board.

The company should provide service certificate to all employees and to you as well if you were also an employee.

It has nothing to do with whether you have served the notice period or not.

For the notice period applicable in your case job advertisement, offer letter, appointment letter, standing orders/model standing orders may be looked into.

Were you under probation period or your employment was confirmed in writing?

Ideally in case of an employee notice period during probation period should be NIL as employee has no lien on post and employer is testing the suitability of employee for permanent absorption.

If standing were applicable to company it should displayed at a conspicuous place/notice board and certified copy should be supplied to employee against a nominal charge sayRs.10/-. You may demand the copy from HR.

Model Standing Orders:

13.          Termination of employment: (2)       No temporary workman whether monthly-rated, weekly-rated or piece-rated and no probationer or badli shall be entitled  to any notice or  pay in lieu thereof if his services are terminated………..

16.  Certificate on termination of service.--Every permanent  workman shall be entitled to a service certificate at the time of his dismissal, discharge or retirement from service.

NOTE. - There is a provision under  this  Act for issuing a service certificate at the time of  dismissal, discharge or retirement and every person is entitled to take such certificate.

17.          Liability of 17[employer]

18.          Exhibition of standing orders

‘Karnataka Shops and Commercial Establishments Act’: 39: Notice of Dismissal ………

All of thee enactments should be available at the website of Dept. of labor of Karnataka

Attached File : 140183942 karnataka%20shops%20and%20commercial%20establishment%20act.pdf downloaded: 193 times

Thank You very much... this information is really good and in detail.

I will follow up with the company mentioning these clauses.

Shaunak (Process Modeler)     29 November 2013

Just now someone pointed out the point that i was not a regular employee but a consultant "contractor". Can i still ask for a service letter from the company?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     29 November 2013

If you were employee of the company employer should issue and supply the employment (service certificate).

If you were not an employee then employer may not.

Check the appointment letter or contract issued to you and signed by you.

If you are facing any  difficulty show it to your lawyer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register