Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RIYAZ G R (NIL)     14 March 2014

Community certificate problem

Dear Sir's/Mam's,

This is Riyaz from Tamilnadu, I'm 25 now.Two years back I changed my name as Riyaz. My previous name was Balachandar. I registered this new name in Tamilnadu Government gazette and also published an advertistment in two regional newspapers, obtained an affidavit from notary Public. Changed my new name in all my Photo Identity proofs.

I belong to scheduled caste community under Hindu religion (Inherited from my father). I didn't change my religion and community. I just adopted this name due to numerological reasons.

Can I enjoy the benefits and relaxations under scheduled caste, as I enjoyed earlier. 

Learning

9 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     14 March 2014

Since you have changed your name and not religion you can get the benefit of being SC.

Sir,

Thank you so much for your reply. I was in a great confusion but now I'm confident.

My real Problem is:

My area Taluk office oficials reject my application for getting attestation in "Form of Certificate to be produced by a candidate belonging to scheduled caste in support of his claim" (as required by Public Sector Banks and other Central Government Organisations for providing job under reserved category), under my new name(Riyaz)

They state that "Riyaz" doesn't come under Hindu religion and they also alleged that this is a omplex case. They advised me to change back to my old name(Balachandar). Now I have already attended Interview in a central government organisation and soon they will announce the results. As they require caste certificate in this format and I couldn't get it done, What shall I do now to get attestation in caste certificate. I have attached herewith the format required by central government organisations.

Attached File : 304888223 format of certificate.pdf downloaded: 89 times

dr g balakrishnan (advocate/counsel supreme court)     14 March 2014

SUSPICION ARISES. BETTER RE-CHANGE YR NAME BY ANOTHER T N  GAZETTE  NOTIFICATION AND AFTER GETTING YR COMMUNITY CERTIFICATE , THEN REVERT BACK TO YR LUCKY NAME AS LUCKY NAME HAS NOT WORKED LUCK FOR YOU OW! MAY BE LATER.

Thankyou for your reply Dr.G.Balakrishnan Sir.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     15 March 2014

The authorities cannot refuse to issue the requisite certificate because it is your birth right as provided in the constitution.  Further, as you said that you did not change your religion or caste (caste conversion is not available in India), you are very much eligible for all the benefits that are made available to your caste by the government.  You can present a Monday petition to the District Collector and follow it up properly. Consult a local lawyer and get your petition drafted properly as per the legal provisions.

RIYAZ G R (NIL)     15 March 2014

Thank you for your reply Mr.T.Kalaiselvan Sir.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     14 April 2014

if you re-change your name then you are admitting that you coverted to islam and again convered as hindu.

in this case caste certificate will be more combersome as you have to prove that you are accepted back in the same community.

Taluk office is issued a SCHEDULE OF CASTES  they are not give any SCHEDULE OF NAMES so their contention is not valid.

You can file writ mandamus in the court of appeal to DC fails

RIYAZ G R (NIL)     15 April 2014

Thank You so much for your reply Mr.Sudhir Kumar Sir.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     15 April 2014

you are welcome

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register