I reside in an apartment which houses around 22 flat owners/tenants. We do not have a registered society association but do have a body looking after the requirements of the premises.
Without consent, an owner on the third floor has renovated his flat into a media studio. Recently he has also purchased the ground floor and is converting the same into a commercial office for networking and media purpose.
My concern is -
1) How can this owner run a commercial office in a residential apartment
2) The business consists of media advertisement
3) The business involves usage of heavy electronic and electrical equipment which is hazardous or unsafe
4) They have not followed safety regulations
5) Visitors or vendors are a nuisance and are occupying our parking space
6) He doesn't pay pay for the maintenance as a normal resident
Kindly advise about how we can solve this issue, we wish to stop the said commercial activities reminding the residents strictly about their safety and privacy. We do not wish to fight a fire accident.
Thanking you while I anticipate the response
Get information from local Municipal authority about the terms on which the plans were approved for the building. Submit a written complaint to the Municipal Authorities if the approval was for residential usage only and not for commercial usage.