LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Deepak (Owner)     22 April 2013

Commercial property being misused by tenants

Regards everyone. I am Deepak Singh from Aligarh (UP). I need guidance regarding the following matter. My father allowed one person to use one shop made in his property which my father inherited from her mother i.e. my grandmother. We made a rent agreement in which it was mentioned that shop can only be used as office of an NGO, which is registered on the name of that person but at different address of the same city i.e. Aligarh.

After using shop for one month during which activities of that person and his visitors included heavy drinking / unnecessary gathering / meetings related to property dealing, one fine day he didn’t show up and his staff closed the shutter in middle of the day. 

After 2 days we were contacted by a police team which told us that they are looking for our tenant because one of his partner (Who's contact no is printed on his sign board) has killed someone and our tenant is also one of the suspects.

After one month he opened his office again but same activities are going on n on in full flow.

Because of all this my father now don’t  want him to use his property anymore and one month back he told him to vacate, after which he didn’t gave him  the rent. Now when it’s time for him to leave, he is now asking us to compensate for the interior work done by him.

We have a registered rent agreement which is valid till Dec 15, 2013, in which it is mentioned that within one month notice period either the second party i.e. tenant can leave  the premise or we can tell them to get out.

Please guide us so that we can close this matter without too much disturbance.

Regards

Deepak Singh

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register