LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bharat Hegde (Commercial Taxes Officer)     01 July 2011

Comment in Facebook

I am a gazetted officer in the Govt. of the State of Karnataka. Recently, I had posted the following comment in my Facebook Profile:

“Hear both the parties before adjudication” – a popular legal maxim. Unfortunately, Indian bureaucracy is still ‘administered’ by BASTARDS who know nothing about fundamental law..."

The comment was made in the context of allegations of involvement of various senior officers in different scams popular in the country. The comment was not directed against any particular officer.

A print-out of the Facebook profile was obtained by some stranger who had become my Facebook Friend, and sent the print-out to the Head of the Department along with a note that the comment refers to the Head of the Department himself!

In the complaint letter sent to the HOD, the sender has used a fictitious name and address. Yet, the HOD issued a Notice to me and sought my explanations to the comment. I gave a written explanation that the comment is general in nature, and has been made by me in my personal capacity. The reply by me was not accepted, and the HOD has formally framed charges against me to continue disciplinary-action proceedings.

What should I do now?

Learning

4 Replies

Akshay Dhawan (lawyer)     01 July 2011

no need to worry ...most he could have done was file a suit for defamation ..dat could have been done only if ur comment actually targetted him personally..but in ur case he can not take a legal action against you.

eg if i say dat lawyers are corrupt.den no single lawyer can take any legal action against me..

DISHA D. SHAH (lawyer)     02 July 2011

as akshay dont worry about public comment and also because the sender is also fictitious name

Bharat Hegde (Commercial Taxes Officer)     02 July 2011

Thanks a lot for the reassuring message.

Nish@2870   09 December 2017

Facebook is known to all and yes it has given us platform for online gaminng via introducing bingo bash games so get free bingo bash chips facebook and enjoy playing bingo bash.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register