Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

HK_Jain... (498a Fighter)     29 October 2012

Comissioner of income tax asked me to attend hearing about

Dear Experts

Comissioner of Income Tax asked me to attend  hearing about Tax Evasion Petition in regards to false 498A Case in which FIL claimed huge amount as dowry and expenses.

First I had filed TEP than RTI and then FAA.FAA called me to attend on 31 Oct 2012.

Please suggest some tips or what happen if I could not attend this as I am out of town now.Will they decide it without my presence?

What would be the usual proceedure? What documents should i carry if I have to attend? How to present my case to him?

Hemant

Learning

1 Replies

R RAJAGOPALAN (ADVOCATE)     29 October 2012

It is in your own interests to appear, as the call to you has sprung from the TEP yourself had filed.

If you do not appear deliberately, your petition may be rejected/ignored, or the Dept may act/ not act, based on the weight of information furnished in the TEP. If you want an adjournment for any genuine reason, you may reply accordingly, suggesting, if possible another time & date convenient to you. In such situations normally the Dept does not prosecute the Petitioner for filing  malicious complaint.

You may take with you such documentary materials as you may have, in support of the information already furnished, nad any further information you would now desire to give.

In any case, keep the entire incident secret.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register