Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

crimeagainstmen   10 June 2015

Code of conduct for magistrate or judge in a family court

Hi,

I have observed in a family court in Rajasthan that parties awaiting their turn / hearing all occupy the court while a hearing is in progress. Compared with a family court in Delhi, I have found that only the parties involved and other advocates are allowed inside the court when a hearing is under progress.

So, this raises a question on the "privacy" or "social image" of two families or parties that are contesting a law suit before the magistrate in a family court and the magistrate is more than happy to allow other people who are neither from both the parties' sides nor advocates and so they must be asked to wait their turn outside the court room.

Is there any code of conduct for a magistrate or judge to follow? Can a magistrate be requested to observe the social image of the parties and let not other irrelevant people tune into their matters?

Thanks in advance!

Learning

1 Replies

yogimpsingh   12 June 2015

Whether whatever described is concerned with the conduct of judge. Matter is concerned how the process of the court may be carried out in which only concerned parties be allowed or other advocates and common public. I think that open court is better in order to seek justice. Judges are not God . They come from our society. Transparency and accountability is integral part of justice delivery system. If concerned parties want,then for them such arrangement be made.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register