Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Delivery Manager (xxxxxx)     29 August 2013

Claim on fathers property

HI,

We are three children (two brothers and one sister who is married) of our father. The eldest brother has been living outside India for around 20 years. I have been with my father all through. Now he is making a claim on my father's property (two houses) saying that he is in need of money and going through financial crisis. Both the houses were purchased by my father.

My father is willing to give him money but he wants the entire thing on his name.

- Can he, by law claim it, if he has made contribution in part or full towards that property

- If my dad gives some part to my sister / me as gift deed, can he file a law suit against us as well

Many thanks for the hep in advance.

Learning

4 Replies

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     29 August 2013

if it is your father's self acquired property your father has got every right to dispose it. He need not take consent from any body.

1 Like

would this be considered a "self acquired property"

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     29 August 2013

if the property is purchased out of his hard earned money or savings the property falls under self acquired property.

1 Like

He has contributed towards property. Can we claim it by law but no contract exists in writing? My father gave him entire money to go to USA in 93

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register