Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nagaraju (IT Consultant)     22 October 2016

Children in india, parents are nri. buying agriculture land

Hello Experts,
I would like to know your suggestions on below concern:

We are staying in US from last 7 months and would like to return my child to India and he will stay with my parents.
During this time, can my parents buy agricultural land on my child name?( Any duration limitation as he spend around 8 months in US)

My question is, during that time.. my self / spouse are in US (NRI).
My Kid ( Less than 5 years and citizen of India by birth) is in India with his grand parents( He may return to US after 6 months or 1 year or continue in Inida, no definite time for his stay in India).
His grand parents buying agricultural property on his name(my son's name) with their own money.

The agricultural property shouln't be registered on my/ wife name as we are NRI. But is it also applies to my kid who is staying in India during that time. 

Please advise.

Thanks in advance. 

Learning

3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     22 October 2016

Is it same query:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Property-rights-from-parents-to-one-son-143504.asp

Kumar Doab (FIN)     22 October 2016

The facts differ in both queries.

Nagaraju (IT Consultant)     22 October 2016

Hello Ramesh,

Thanks for sharing your inputs, 

to clarify here, my son is an Indian citizen and stayed initial 9 months in Inida then travelled to US for 7 months then returned to India.

But, parents are still NRI.

In this case, is son also treated as NRI? If not, can his grand parents buy some agricultural land on his name while he is in India?

We are from Telangaran / Andhra Pradesh. so, I think there is no state restrictions to buy agri land.

Please clrarify. Thank you

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register