LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Khalid Khan   24 June 2017

Child miscarriage consumer case or no ?

My wife was 9 weeks pregnent, the lift in our building is closed since 6 months, due to no availability of lift she climed staircase, due to rainny season they were wet with water, my wife slipped and falled on staircase and one week later we found that feoteus was dead

can we file consumer case against society for not maintaining lift in building ??

Learning

3 Replies

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     25 June 2017

Yeah! You can file consumer case against the society for not maintaining the building properly due to which miscarriage resulted.You can file gross Negligence case also in civil court  against  the society for being grossly negligent in maintaining THE BUILDING DUE TO WHICH Miscariage  happened.You will get penal damages + damages for pain, Suffering and loss of  child due to Miscarriage.

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     25 June 2017

Consumer complaint is maintainable only when there exists relationship between you and society as consumer and service provider . In case you are not a member of society or don't pay any maintenance charges to society then complaint before Consumer Forum is not maintainable.

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     27 June 2017

i do agree with learned friend Sri Goyal 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register