LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Krishna   16 November 2017

Child maintainance

I got divorce in 2006 and had 2 children daughter aged 24 and son 17 years now.. My ex Wife is a central govt employee. Custody of the children was given to ex wife. Both mother and daughter want to enjoy life and they left the son at my home. They never bothered to contact my son. My daughter wants to enjoy her mother's salary and property. My ex wife wants to live as per her wish and without any limits. For their activities and life my son was a disturbance and never interested in my son.

I'm in private job and left the job and doing small business. Till now I have taken care of my son's expenses.. Next year he will join degree which might be expensive , depending upon his performance in entrance exams. With much difficulty I'm paying tuition fees for 10+2.

How can I get financial support for my son partially from his mother as early as posiible. Atleast she should take some part of the burden

Learning

1 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     17 November 2017

Your son is a minor, 17 years of age can claim maintenance from his father or mother as long as he is minor. Under section 20 of the Hindu Adoption and Maintenance Act, 1956 a petition for seeking part of maintenance from the mother can be filled by you/father on behalf of your son as his natural guardian even though your wife is hold his physical custody.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register