Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ramesh   22 May 2017

Child community certificate - inter caste & religion couple

Hello Sir / Mam...

I am ramesh . belong to RC-Christian, Caste BC . I got married Hindu, BC girl. We have two kids…

Now we need the caste certificate  for our Childs to their school requirement.

I have few of droughts.

In gen. (India -  Tamil Nadu) our Childs are belong to which caste /sub caste (Whether  by father OR mother OR Our Option?

If can I select my child caste(Sub Caste)  are belong to my wife ( Caste by mother) ? is it possible in our LAW?

What about my child Religion status?

May I put my child caste in belong to my wife? If yes, what are the document need?

May I put my child Religion into my religion(Christian)

Kindly give your guidance

Thanks

With reg.

Ramesh

Bis_ramesh@yahoo.com

Learning

1 Replies

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     25 May 2017

How did you get married, under the Special Marriages Act, 1954, in a Church or as per Hindu custom?

You have basically 2 questions:

1. What is the caste of your children. This has relevance for availing reservations only.

2. The religion of your children.

1.As regards caste for availing reservation there are Supreme Court judgments. The child will be considered as belonging to the community to which reservations are available, if the it was brought up in the atmosphere and surroundings of that community so that the child continues to suffer the dfisabilities of members of that community.

2. The religion of the child will be religion under which the child was brought up. For instance if you get the child baptised he or she will be a Christian. Or if you bring up the child without baptising and as belonging to the caste of your wife, he or she will be Hindu. Notwithstanding all these your son or daughter will have the right to decide their own religion on reaching the age of 18. If you get your child baptised and if reservations are not available to Christians, your child will not be entitled to reservations.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register