Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

srilakshmi (sr.structural engineer)     28 March 2016

Child birth registration without the marriage certificate

hi all experts,

I require a suggestion on the above said matter.  

my first marriage was dissolved two months before ie on Jan 2016, and i have 13 years old son from my first marriage.  Now i am pregnant with my partner, and i am not married, i want to have the kid. 

hence would like to know can i get the kid registered as a single mother?  or what will be the procedure to register the child without the marriage, but with both the name of the parents.

kindly advise.

thanks and regards

srilakshmi

Learning

4 Replies

KS Johal   28 March 2016

Yes you can get the child registered as a single mother. Yes you can also get the channel register with both parents. You would need to go to the 'registration place of births', and tell them this information. Why is it that you have not got married?

KS Johal   28 March 2016

Sorry mistake in the previous post. Yes you can get the child registered as a single mother. Yes you can also get the child registered with both parent details. You would need to go to the 'registration place of births' and tell them this information. Why is it that you have not got married?

srilakshmi (sr.structural engineer)     29 March 2016

Thank you somuch. And at hospital register have given the name of the father as husband. Will that matter??

srilakshmi (sr.structural engineer)     29 March 2016

Thank you somuch. And at hospital register have given the name of the father as husband. Will that matter??

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register