Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

lis (asdf)     24 April 2013

Child admission

Hi,

i am seeking admission for my daughter in one of the school for third standard(paid school fees, books fees, uniforms fees). I received TC from previous school and submitted to joining school, while entering the admission form the problem raised.

"name of mother - i left blank."

They asked Name of mother and sign is important for admission. I said the case is in court. mother is not with us.

Story starts here - My daughter since child staying with me, Mother not looked after the daughter since her child hood and then i applied for divorce  , but not got, but put the matter in court again and is pending.

In school- they are asking for divorce certificate then only they can give admission.

i cannot ask the mother of child to come and do the admission formalities. as she is cruel and criminal. we are leaving seperately for more than 5 yrs. Again the problem will start if i do so.

My question is -  can   father alone sign in the admission form with out mother signature for joining to school.

or what can i tell to school authorities.

Please advice

Learning

8 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     24 April 2013

1.    No.

2.    Only Maharashtra State has amended and allows requirement of one parent (custodial) name and has done away with requirement of both parents name and/or signature further to reference and/or need of physical presence of both natural parents during school admission.

3.    Hence you require a Court Decree or specific direction OR speicifc Order certified copy which says custody with you OR even if such Order says status-quo of child maintained with natural father from Court to School Authorities to do away with signature/physical presence of natural mother which I see are like now taking Lord Hanuman’s leap!

4.    Last option is to opt-in for any another school which does not require such formalities.

However if it helps ATB.

deendayal (service )     24 April 2013

Originally posted by : Tajobsindia

2.    Only Maharashtra State has amended and allows requirement of one parent (custodial) name and has done away with requirement of both parents name and/or signature further to reference and/or need of physical presence of both natural parents during school admission.

In the presence of a Dispute say  an on going case say Divorce/GWA/DV act and in the absence of any court order does the above still hold good can father alone still take admission wherein father has proof of neglect of the child by the mother when the child was with her wherein the child was absent for many days during her term ??

Where can this amendment be seen ??

Thanks TAjobsindia for the reply

During admission, As they asked for mother presence and sign, i said the matter of the court and they asked for divorce decree. if i get they will do admission,  Now it is not possible as the case is still pending

i waited and tried to convince them, but they did not accepted to take my words.

being fed up with me, they asked me to come some another day, by that time they will consult lawyer as they said.

Now i have paid admission fees, tuition fees, books fees,a and also received the TC from the previous school

What might happen. What they can tell me next week. or what i need to tell or ask them

Please advice

Hi Deendayal Sir,

Is it possible to admit the child to school without presence of mother and signature  and with pending court order.

Please advice

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     24 April 2013

try to meet the school lawyer if possible and explain 

even if they accept then give an undertaking that as you receive the order copy will submit and admit her or there are lot of schools awaiting you kid to join her 

Thanks mahesh

if the order copy is not in my favour then

Please advice

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     24 April 2013

1. You have to wait. On next day when you have been called either they should refund you back the charges they collected OR give admission of your child.

2. If refund is what happens then search for any other school. Also meanwhile keep searching for alternate school where they donot insist for brief alleged facts.

lis (asdf)     25 April 2013

What documents can they ask .

Court order at present not possible,

will they ask for anything in writing that the mother of child should not create problem and if anything like that father of child is whole and sole responsible for that.

if they ask like above - shall i accept.

Please advice

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register