LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jegan   19 September 2016

Cheque stop payment

Hello Everyone, I bought a house from a Builder owned by 2 persons (Brothers), while registration we have 5 Lakhs pending to pay to the builder, for that I gave one blank cheque alone.
After few months I have settled the amount to younger brother, at that time he told " I missed the blank cheque so you just stop the payment" so I stopped the payment (Online) and got a signature from him stating that the amount received and about the missed cheque.
So here comes the issue, they both have some problem, so his elder brother processed the cheque and came to know about this matter now he filed a case against me but he didn't mentioned the property, he just mentioned like I borrowed 5 lakhs for house repair.
Now he submitted 1. Cheque 2. Bank stop payment letter from Bank. (no other supporting documents)

Guys I'm really worrying about this, whether the judgment comes against me? but I really paid all the dues to them. Please advice me. Thanks in advance.

Learning

3 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     20 September 2016

Since it's a jointly owned property you should have taken both their signatures in the receipt. Anyhow you can produce the proof of payment if they file cheque bounce case over you

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     22 September 2016

This is repetition of the same query. See my reply in the previous post.

vakil pro   23 September 2016

Dear Sir/Madam,
       Please visit www.vakilpro.com to get Property Related Legal Opinion , Documentation Services, etc. all over India.

Team Vakilpro

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register