LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ravindra H Chaudhari (Student)     07 April 2012

Cheque bounce jurisdiction of court

I have given my both the flats @ Aurangabad on Leave & License. I am presently living in Pune. I have deposited The cheques for rent @ Pune. The cheques have bounced due to stop payment & insufficient fund.I have filed both the suits u/s 138 of Negotiable instrument act @ Aurangabad.

Now, of late, I came to know that I could have also filed the case @ Pune. 

Can I now shift the case to Pune?

What will have to be done?

Learning

6 Replies

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     07 April 2012

You can withdraw complaint and may present in Pune.

DEEPAK ASSOCIATES (08010117611)     07 April 2012

You may transfer the case by filling transfer application before high court

Both courts have jurisdiction to entertain the case, therefore, it is you to chose Aurangabad. Now if you want to transfer the same may apply before high court

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     10 April 2012

Before withdraw the case, check the limitation to file the case in another court.

Kishtaiah (Advocate)     15 April 2012

Dear Kapoor sir, The apex court made it clear that the jurisdiction of the Bank that returned the cheque prevails over the jurisdiction of the Bank that presented the cheque.  Since cheques are issued supposedly on Aurangabad Bank for payment which are presented by the complainant for realisation at Pune, the Aurangabad jurisdiction alone is right and not Pune.  The Pune court will return the complaint if filed.

DEEPAK ASSOCIATES (08010117611)     16 April 2012

As far as in my knowledge, the apex court has cleared the jurisdiction on five points, if you have this authority may please be quote.

However, Delhi High court has made it clear in the recent authority but it does not mean that it prevail over the authority of Apex Court.

Rgds

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     17 April 2012

Mr KISHTAIH is right.

Mr Deepak there is no contradiction in both citatiions please read the whole carefully.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register