LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

varun mishra   16 April 2017

Cheque bounce/ cancellation of registry

Dear All, my father sold property to a builder on 3-11-2016, few days before demonisation. before registry he gave us 35 lacks rupees through cheque that is mentioned in registry. the total amount of registry is 2.80 cr. rest amount was due with post dated cheques on dated 31st december 2016 (50 lacks), 14 january 2017 (25 lacks),31 march (50 lacks), 31 may 2017 (50 lacks) & 31 august 2017 (70lacks) like that. we submitted both cheques two times and got bounced. After which we sent him legal notice then any how he gave 25lacks amount on behalf of 14 january 2017 cheque. all cheques are mention in registry with cheque no. and other details. now validity of  cheque mentioned 50 lacks cheque is expired and payment is still due & other cheque of 31 march, 2017 amounting 50 lacks also got bounced once.The reason for bounce in both cheques are payment stopped by drawer. After that we chased him then buyer is telling he'll give through RTGS and now he is tolerating day by day. my father filed case on him with section 138.(cheque bounce) we've given application to prevent mutation untill full payment is due. Dear All, kindly give suggestion what should we do now to strengthen my case??

1. we also applied under 39 rule 1 & 2 read with section 151 CPC.

2. my question is if we fail to get interim injuction, what will be more option do i have for next proceeding?

3 If i go for cancellation for registry what will be the court fees. ( amount of registry is 2.80cr & stamp duty cost nearly 14 lacks)?

we have already applied to stop mutation.

Dear all kindly suggest me what will be effective way to proceed further.

Learning

8 Replies

Rahul Bale (Business )     17 April 2017

property is under who's possession , is it with u or builder ?

varun mishra   17 April 2017

Possession is with builder. Dear sir what will be cancellation charge of registry? Suggest any other option sir please.

varun mishra   18 April 2017

Dear Sir please suggest me what can i do to save my property.

what will be the cancellation fees for the registry.

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     18 April 2017

Hi,

You file a suit against the Builder, as per pocedure if the checque is not clear and bounce and payment is not full-fill as per condition metion in Your sale deed then you pray to court for cancel/forfeit the sale deed. 

you complain at Police Station about this matter that the Builder not fill-up the condition of sale deed so You take your land possession from Builder. 

dear sir what will be the registry cancellation fees if the amount of regitry is 2.80 cr and stamp duty cost nearly 14 lacks rupees?

Lawyer, Bonum Lex LLP (Law Firm)     18 April 2017

The registered sale deed can be cancelled only if there is a clause that the payment received by cheque shall be subject to realisation of cheque. whereas your case is different that you have obtained a Rs.100 stamp paper for return of cheque while executing a sale deed in his favor. This clearly indicates that you have already received the sale consideration amount which is essential for any transaction.

i did not understand your suggestion sir, 

legal registry has been done on 3-11-2016 and 35 lacks given before registry that is mentioned in registry and other post dated cheque also mentioned in registry with cheque no. and other details. now two post dated got bounced..that is voiding th sale deed.

so can we go for registry cancellation.??

there is also written in the sale deed that after the payment of all cheque, registration of reciept of cheques should be necessary. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register