Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ramesh (wer)     16 February 2012

Cheque bounce

Dear Friends,

The messages in the forum and expert answers are excellent and  are very informative for common people.

I have a concern,

I am very cautious while writing cheques,I will compulsorily write Name of the payee,Amount,Date and day ,cut the leftout space with dashed line ,crossing and writing as account payee.

Last week I remembered that in 2007 I have issued 10 or 14 number  of cheques (exact number I have forgotten) to a nationalised bank (SBI)as a security for realty loan.At the final stage I cancelled the loan.To the best of my knowledge I have not collected these cheques back from the bank.I remember I submitted the cheques without writing payee name,date and amount, as the bank loan officer said he will fill up them.I didnt took any acknowledgement from the bank for submitting the cheques.

Subsequently in 2009, I closed my  savings bank account from which those 10 to 14 cheques are issued.

I have teared all  unused cheques and the cheque detail entry sheet.I have forgotten the cheque numbers I submitted to nationalised bank.

Till now no problem has happened.

In future if any of that blank cheques are misused by any  persons,please let me know what are the problems for me. Is there any remedy now?

I called SBI ,they said they will check.

Thanks in advance

Ramesh

Learning

4 Replies

Advocate aslam (----)     17 February 2012

CONSULT WITH YOUR BANK REGARDING YOUR ACCOUNT FILE WHICH TOOK YOU LOAN AND GIVE A NOTICE TO YOUR BANK REGARDIG CHEQUE MIUSE.

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     17 February 2012

Just go and visit personaly and solve the problem , it is not a private party.

C. P. CHUGH (Practicing Lawyer)     20 February 2012

You get a Public Notice Published in National and Local Leading News Papers citing the facts as stated above and warning  Public at Large from refraining misusing the cheques in question and absolving yourself of all liabilities, civil or criminal.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     26 February 2012

Collect the cheques.

You are just being unduly worried. It is unheard of Nationalized banks to misuse the loan checques.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register