LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RAGHAVENDRAN   13 September 2015

Cheque

Sir  i lend Rs 142000 to a person for business purpose on nov 2013. He said he will add me as partner but later denied in Jan 2014. and when i asked for money he regularly denied i have no money when come i will return. Later on 20th aug 2014 he gave me a chequeof Rs100000 which was bounced. then when said him that cheque was bounced he said just wait i will settle you by cash . . then he gave some of that money. but now a sum of Rs 17000 is in balance he filed a suit against me that he gave me chque for security purpose . on 26th august 2015. So kindly suggest me how overcome that and can i file a case against him. If possible under which section.

Learning

7 Replies

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     14 September 2015

According to your query, the person to whom you lent gave you a cheque for Rs. 100,000 which "bounced". When his cheque bounced, on what ground did he file a case against you and for what cause of action? Please inform full facts.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     18 September 2015

Out of 142,000L U say only some out of that money was given and only 17000due? Come out with full facts

RAGHAVENDRAN   19 September 2015

he said that I am  torturing him for excess payment and he gave the chque for security purpose only not for payment. and saoid that i had withdrawn 142000 from his account by chque. He is blackmailing me that if you go to police i will sucide. So how can i overcome this problem sir kindly help me.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     19 September 2015

The only option is to settle the matter amicably instead of running to police stations and courts.

RAGHAVENDRAN   19 September 2015

sir i can't get the meaning of amicably

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     20 September 2015

Amicable means settling the matter without a dispute.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     21 September 2015

Sit and talk with him and arrive at a peaceful solution agreeable to both and solve the issue. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register