Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sanjaycase (service)     30 March 2013

Check bounce case timelines

Hi,

I deposited a check in bank which got bounced on 02-March-2013. What is the last date for me to send a notice to the issuer giving him 15 days for payment.

My understanding is I need to send a notice within 30 calander days excluding the check bounce day to the issuer.

I want to understand if I issue a notice on 01 April 2013 via Register AD is that within timelines ?

Also want to confirm that the condition indcates I need to send a notice and not that issuer need to receive the notice within 30 days. Is this correct. Please confirm the actual last date for me to send the notice.

Thanks,

Sandeep

Learning

2 Replies

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     31 March 2013

It is mandatory to issue notice to drawer wihin 30 days from the receipt of intimation of cheque return{unpaid} from bank Notice issued by you on 1 st April 2013 is within the limitation period.In your case last date for issuing notice was 1 st april 2013.

Rahul Kapoor (Legal Enthusiast)     31 March 2013

hello,

yes you are right.

only you need to send it within 30 days from the day you got notice from the bank.

send a well drafted legal notice through a lawyer.

they need to pay you with in 15 days otherwise couse of action arises from the 16th day itself.

regards-

rahul.gogreen@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register