Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Desire (none)     02 August 2013

Chargesheet filed 498a

Hello,

I have come to know that the chargesheet for 498a has been filed before 20 days. But haven't received a copy yet.
1) How long does it take to get a copy?
2) Do I have to go to the court to get a copy or will it be posted?

If anyone can help me with this, i will appreciate.

Thanks

Learning

5 Replies

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     03 August 2013

Dear Querist

no need to worry when the court issue summon and you will be appear before court thn the court supply a copy of the same along with all the documents.

Desire (none)     04 August 2013

Thanks for your reply. 

Is it possible to receive a copy before summons are received by court. Lawyer keeps saying he will get it from the court but everytime we follow up with him he gives some reasons for not being able to get it.

Thanks and appreciate your help.

Rajaramana RV (Employee)     05 August 2013

1. Who has informed you that the Chargesheet has been filed in Court? Did the Police inform you? 20 days is a long time for it not to reach you. So kindly tell us if you came to know this through a verifiable source. How long has it been since the case has been registered.

2. Have you checked in Court if they have sent you summons? Suggest next step to check with the Court if lawyer is not going.

Let us know the answers to the above so that we can further help.

Desire (none)     06 August 2013

498a wife called to tell me tht CS has been filed and if we are now ready to pay her demand. Later our lawyer confirmed that it has been filed.
When one of my relative went to the court to know about the CS, my relative was told  that the CS will be given to us on the trial date (next date??). I actually don't know what is happening?

1) Are summons sent to home address?
2) How does it work?
3) Is it possible she has given money to stop the summons to reach us on time?

Thanks very much

Rajaramana RV (Employee)     06 August 2013

Summons are sent to home address and then it gives date for you to appear. Try to ask your lawyer if he can get a copy from court if you are in a hurry. Dont be panicked.

When is your next trial date? Have you been attending court? How often have you been attending court. How long has it been since case has been registered? Answer these questions so forum can give continous advice. Also trust your lawyer. Its important for fighting the case. I know someone who has 498a going on him so happy to guide.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register