Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

israr   11 April 2016

Changing name on property card in mumbai

sir

we have property in bandra west.& may grand fathers name on property card  who is died many years befor.& he left behind 6 daughters & 2 sons my father was one of them my father & uncle is also died.my uncle dont had any child & his wife is also lives with us.& we are 4 brothers.  3 aunties are also died.&3 are alive & lives at there homes we have very good realations with all of them.

Now i wants to knows the what is the proccesior of changing name on property card from my grand father to me or we all 4 brothers.

please advice me.

Thank you

Learning

5 Replies

(Guest)

I have send private message and here I will explain the process

1)  Your Grand father name is on property card --- We need to check which type of land it is . There are various different types of land legally. Some are alienated land , some are unalienated land (This land is given under the chapter of Land Revenue Code under Grant of Land Chapter)

2) So once it is determined which land is there process is defined. If Alienated land process is comparatively easy

3) First job we need to take all legal heirs of your grand father on record (6 daughter and 2 sons). Necessary documents it will be preferred daughters who are alive if they make 

4) Second then take on record legal heirs of deceased 

5) If another generation is there then after next generation is inserted then we need to take next generation on record 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Essential documents required 1) Every one Death Certificate 2) Latest Property Card 3) Affidavit of person who will state who are legal heir etc.

2) Once first set we submit they will issue summons to all legal heirs to appear in front of them

3) Only main person should appear and give statement and then necessary orders are passed

4) If there is any objection on order then anyone can appear and object and then it becomes like suit where he have to contest in front of city survey officer. if orders are not favourable then appeal to Supritendant land record etc.

5) If people are co-operative and no dispute then it is easy matter

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Generally Govt. fees are neglibile as compared to property price but Govt officers are intersted to lower our rank of our country  in Transperancy International Corruption Index . Else it was easy job.

Since you told Bandra , you never know what mouth this govt. employee opens. 

Else one more option we wil.make all paper you go and submit , I will tell you process we approach anti corruption bureaue some main bakra in City survey office we should get for Anti Corruption bureaue , cash we require to provide you get cash in 2 months time back by cheque (Officially it is 1 month as per GR) . And Anti corruption bureaue also helps in getting work done if it is legal from their senior officer.

All options are open for you do contact me , I gave you no. in private message 

(Guest)

I have send private message and here I will explain the process

1)  Your Grand father name is on property card --- We need to check which type of land it is . There are various different types of land legally. Some are alienated land , some are unalienated land (This land is given under the chapter of Land Revenue Code under Grant of Land Chapter)

2) So once it is determined which land is there process is defined. If Alienated land process is comparatively easy

3) First job we need to take all legal heirs of your grand father on record (6 daughter and 2 sons). Necessary documents it will be preferred daughters who are alive if they make 

4) Second then take on record legal heirs of deceased 

5) If another generation is there then after next generation is inserted then we need to take next generation on record 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Essential documents required 1) Every one Death Certificate 2) Latest Property Card 3) Affidavit of person who will state who are legal heir etc.

2) Once first set we submit they will issue summons to all legal heirs to appear in front of them

3) Only main person should appear and give statement and then necessary orders are passed

4) If there is any objection on order then anyone can appear and object and then it becomes like suit where he have to contest in front of city survey officer. if orders are not favourable then appeal to Supritendant land record etc.

5) If people are co-operative and no dispute then it is easy matter

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Generally Govt. fees are neglibile as compared to property price but Govt officers are intersted to lower our rank of our country  in Transperancy International Corruption Index . Else it was easy job.

Since you told Bandra , you never know what mouth this govt. employee opens. 

Else one more option we wil.make all paper you go and submit , I will tell you process we approach anti corruption bureaue some main bakra in City survey office we should get for Anti Corruption bureaue , cash we require to provide you get cash in 2 months time back by cheque (Officially it is 1 month as per GR) . And Anti corruption bureaue also helps in getting work done if it is legal from their senior officer.

All options are open for you do contact me , I gave you no. in private message 

(Guest)

If you ask me legal cost , the cost is same for any land whether it is agriculture /non agriculure or land in remote area. Valuation of land does not mattter while taking legal heirs as owner on record. 

But as said earlier Corruption is horrible in such department 

(Guest)

There is option of complaintaing in Lokshahi Din to thasildar and Dist collector if they  don't do work in tme . Here govt. officers are not punished . But you need to approach and tell them , i will make paper in proper format and give you if feel . 

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     28 May 2016

Totally agreed with Kamthe sir opinion.sir had given all option available to you.

THanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register