LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mutte (housewife)     03 August 2014

Changing name in passport and ration card

I had a marriage in temple but the marriage was never registered. Now my wife or live in partner and me are separated. Now she has filed false case against me for domestic violence as well as she is asking for exhorbitant amount as maintenance. This has been going on for last 2 years as case always gets adjourned.

Although we are not legally married both of our passports contains our names as spouses although we had not submitted any marriage certificate. Now my lawyer tells me that I can remarry although the case is still going on in court. Lawyer told me that the marriage is not valid but will be considered only live in relation. 

Now, the question is how can I remove her name from the passport because neither do I have marriage certificate and even if the case winds up we wont get divorce certificate as we are not legally married. 

Also, I have been staying in another state for many years for job reasons but my ration card is in my home state. I enquired at the rationing authority office they are also asking for divorce decree. So I am stuck. Please advice. 

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register