Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kumar (accountant)     20 January 2012

Changing lawyers

Sir,

We are facing Fair rent & eviction case in small cause court of madras high court. Our lawyer is our family friend, so we didn’t paid that much attention in the case. But now we smell something fishy, because our lawyer sometime says that the case is in beginning stage, so no need for hurry in gathering evidence for our argument, and sometime he says the opponent (property owner) have some valid points so the judgments may be in favor of him. But in reality, he (owner) didn’t have any strong evidence for his own occupancy.

In the beginning, the gaps between the hearings are longer, but now the hearings are taking place in quick session. And we didn’t attend any of them as our lawyer is our well known friend. When we ask, what happened in the court, then he replays nothing important, normal conversation with the opponent layer. 

We really don’t know whether any proof is submitted by the opponent and by our lawyer.

My question is,

1. Is it possible to get the exact status of our case with complete details i.e. what happened in every hearing? 
  2. And Is it possible to get the details without our lawyer’s knowledge?
  3. If it is sounds like he (our lawyer) is faulty then can we hire a new lawyer and continue the case   
  4. Please advise us what should be done, so that we could avoid things like this in future.

Thanking you.

Learning

2 Replies

V R SHROFF (Sr. ADVOCATE Bombay High Court Mob: 9892432152)     20 January 2012

My ANSWER is,

1.    Is it possible to get the exact status of our case with complete details i.e. what happened in every hearing? YES

2.    And Is it possible to get the details without our lawyer’s knowledge? YES

3.    If it is sounds like he (our lawyer) is faulty then can we hire a new lawyer and continue the case   YES, YOU HAVE TO OBTAIN NO OBJECTION FROM UR LAWYER, AS MATTER IS CIVIL

4.    Please advise us what should be done, so that we could avoid things like this in future.

5.    ONCE YOU DOUBT, MUST CHANGE ADVOCATE. BE PRESENT IN COURT ROOM, READ THE SUIT , GET CERTIFIED TRUE COPY OF ENTIRE PROCEEDING, GET CHECKED BY ANOTHER TWO INDEPENDENT  ADVOCATE OF YOUR CHOICE , GET SATISFIED, AND SECURED. ; KEEP NO GREY AREA, NO DARK AREA AT ALL COST. 

1 Like

Kumar (accountant)     20 January 2012

Sir, 

Thank you so much. Your advise is really precious.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register