LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Partha   09 February 2017

Changing advocate

I approached advocate A upon getting a call from another opponent advocate X (appointed by my wife) to consult on how to go about. Advocate A said he can handle Advocate X and get this closed within no time. After couple of meeting with Advocate A for few months and paying him what he asked for then, i felt uncomfortable and un-satified so i Changed my advocate to Advocate C. After a week or so Advocate A sends me a message to pay him for 4 years services that I avalied from him? Which is a big Lie, cause i approached him just 2 months back. I need some wise and serious advice as to how to handle this Advocate A. What should I do?

Learning

4 Replies

Venkata Mohana Rao (Law Student)     09 February 2017

Bring it to the notice of Bar Council about it

Venkata Mohana Rao (Law Student)     09 February 2017

Bring it to the notice of Bar Council about it

Vinay   09 February 2017

Write to Bar Council Of India and respective Bar Council Of the advocate to which he is enrolled and mark one copy to the lawyer, he will automatically seek apology and instead ask you take NOC of your case pending with the advocate A . vinayk@lawyer.com

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     10 February 2017

1. Take certified copy of the vakalathnama executed by you in favour of A.

2. Discuss the issue (of fees/dues) with A and settle the matter amicably.

3. If you are unable to settle amicably wait and watch for further proceeding by A.  

4. Do not jump for any action against A at your end, which may be disasterous and unfavourable to you.

5. Keep C in confidence and informed about your move(s) with respect to fees/dues claimed by A.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register